[asterisk-users] Problem with centos 4.4 and jabber/gtalk (really iksemel)

Bob Chiodini bchiodini at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 14:48:55 MST 2007

Kenneth Padgett wrote:
> Bob,
>
>> It looks like the gnutls development package is called gnutls-devel:
>> 'yum install gnutls-devel' should get the package installed.
>
> Yah, I thought that would be it. I have that installed, as well as
> gnutls. (I basically installed both packages you can find with yum
> search gnutls). Any other thoughts, can I just d/l the libs and
> uncompress them somewhere?
>
> -Kenneth

Kenneth,

I don't have a Centos machine at home, but under Fedora Core 6
autogen.sh and ./configure work after installing gnutls-devel.

I followed the instructions at:

http://voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+Speaks+with+Google+Talk

as you suggested in your first post.  Without gnutls-devel installed the
autogen.sh step fails.

I would have thought that FC6 and Centos 4.4 would be pretty close as
far as directory hierarchy.

Here is a list of the pertinent files from the FC6 gnutls-devel package:

rpm -q --filesbypkg gnutls-devel
gnutls-devel              /usr/bin/libgnutls-config
gnutls-devel              /usr/bin/libgnutls-extra-config
gnutls-devel              /usr/include/gnutls
gnutls-devel              /usr/include/gnutls/compat.h
gnutls-devel              /usr/include/gnutls/extra.h
gnutls-devel              /usr/include/gnutls/gnutls.h
gnutls-devel              /usr/include/gnutls/openpgp.h
gnutls-devel              /usr/include/gnutls/openssl.h
gnutls-devel              /usr/include/gnutls/pkcs12.h
gnutls-devel              /usr/include/gnutls/x509.h
gnutls-devel              /usr/lib/libgnutls-extra.a
gnutls-devel              /usr/lib/libgnutls-extra.so
gnutls-devel              /usr/lib/libgnutls-openssl.a
gnutls-devel              /usr/lib/libgnutls-openssl.so
gnutls-devel              /usr/lib/libgnutls.a
gnutls-devel              /usr/lib/libgnutls.so

You might want to check it against your Centos installation.  If it's
different try:

./configure --prefix=/usr --with-libgnutls-prefix=PFX

Where PFX is the where libgnutls is installed (from ./configure --help).

Bob...