[asterisk-users] Voicemail to email

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Wed Jan 3 10:05:28 MST 2007

There should be an example in your voicemail.conf

Here is mine...

mail is tagged from asterisk at crompton.com and sent to doug at crompton.com

In voicemail.conf....

mailcmd=/usr/sbin/sendmail -f asterisk at crompton.com doug at crompton.com

You of course would use the mailer that your system uses. I have sendmail
on the same system as Asterisk.

There are many other things you can define for mail but all should be in
your example  voicemail.conf

Doug

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007, Mark Greene wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I need to set up asterisk so that it sends the voicemail to the users email.
> I understand that I need to say "attatch=yes", but what else needs to be
> done. I would think that somewhere I need to specify the server that it uses
> to send the email, etc.
>
> - Mark

"Those that sacrifice essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."  -- Ben Franklin (1759)

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *
* doug at crompton.com        *