[asterisk-users] Sangoma A102 w/ EC module gets intermittent echo /audio artifacts

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Wed Jan 3 08:32:52 MST 2007

I've replaced 2XTE110 with an A102 with echo cancellation specifically to
deal with echo problems. However, user feedback has indicated to me that on
some calls (not a lot, but some) the call is unusable, with audio
artifiacts, described by one user, as: "very bad phasing reverb & feedback
(from my rock & roll days)". This is quite intermittent, as in most cases,
the user says, it's a one-time thing, they hang up, the problem caller calls
back, everythings good. It's as if the Sangoma is trying too hard? I
personally have not heard this, but I have to trust what the users say.

Some ideas I'd like to bounce:

1. tx and rxgains - this card is plugged into an Atlas 550 which seems to
run a little hot on the gains.
2. Timing - the card takes it's sync from the Atlas, which in turn syncs
from the PRI. Maybe have one port on the card take it's timing from the
other port? Don't see how it would be relevant, but hey, that's all I've
got.
3. Taps? Does an A102 even care about taps or just echocancel=yes?

Running * 1.0.9, Zaptel 1.0.9, FC2 yum-updated to current, quad Xeon.
Production box, handles 2-6 thousand calls a day, snom 360 handsets w/
latest firmware, load average never goes over 2.0

My conf files:

wanpipe1.conf:

[devices]
wanpipe1 = WAN_AFT_TE1, Comment