[asterisk-users] SNOM loses server registration

Joao Pereira joao.pereira at fccn.pt
Wed Jan 3 04:00:17 MST 2007

Hello to all
When my SNOM (300 or 320) loses Internet connectivity, it loses its
Asterisk registration (ok, thats normal).
But when the phone is back online, he doesn't try to register in
Asterisk. I believe this happens to avoid flooding the private LANs when
the Internet link is lost.... but the problem is that the phones don't
try to re-register in the future.... Sometimes it stays 2 hours without
registering to Asterisk.
When this happens, the only solution is to reboot it (and hear the users
complains) :(
How can I avoid this? How can I reduce the time to re-register in SNOM
300 or 320 ?

Thanks
Joao Pereira