[asterisk-users] connecting asterisk (trixbox) to traditional phone lines?

Alex Robar alex.robar at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 22:11:48 MST 2007

I agree with this... The cheapest way is to do this without anymore
hardware. Grab a pay-as-you-go VoIP provider (VoIPJet, Unlmitel, Gizmo
Project, etc.) and setup a trunk. They'll give you a number callable from
the PSTN, and that's all you need. The setup you have already can handle a
voip trunk with no additional hardware.

Ales

On 1/2/07, Todd H <thouleasterisk at gleffsecurity.com> wrote:

> To go nice and cheaply, you could just get a free number from
> IPKALL.com or Stanaphone.com..  And do it all over IP...
>     -t-
>
> On Jan 2, 2007, at 10:15 PM, blackwater dev wrote:
>
> > Ok,
> >
> > I have trixbox working how I want.  How do I now (cheaply as
> > possibly) get a phone number so people can call it from any
> > number?  I am just doing a prototype so just want it done cheaply
> > so I can demo it to my supervisors.
> >
> > Thanks!

Alex Robar
alex.robar at gmail.com