[asterisk-users] Best Hardware for Asterisk Server?

Mark Greene markgreene at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 06:20:56 MST 2007

Hey guys,

In your experience what is the best way to go for a production asterisk box
in your offices? With desktop prices so cheap you might think that you
should just buy them off the shelf, but is that really a reliable machine?
Anything you can tell me that would assist me in deciding the best way to
obtain and maintain these boxes would be very helpful. I have even looked
into building system myself that have no moving parts, but for about the
same price I can build an immensely more powerful machine WITH moving parts.

- Mark