[asterisk-users] Problem with centos 4.4 and jabber/gtalk (really iksemel)

Bob Chiodini bchiodini at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 05:08:29 MST 2007

Kenneth Padgett wrote:
> I'm working from the docs here:
>
> http://voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+Speaks+with+Google+Talk
>
> and getting an error doing the ./configure on the iksemel module:
>
> checking for getaddrinfo... yes
> ./configure: line 20399: syntax error near unexpected token `,'
> ./configure: line 20399: `AM_PATH_LIBGNUTLS(,'
>
> It seems to want the "libgnutls-dev" package as per the documentation.
> Problem is, I can't seem to find such a package for centos 4.4. Anyone
> have any advice?
>
> Thanks!
> -Kenneth
Kenneth,

It looks like the gnutls development package is called gnutls-devel:

Available Packages
Name   : gnutls-devel
Arch   : x86_64
Version: 1.0.20
Release: 3.2.3
Size   : 503 k
Repo   : update
 The GNU TLS library implements TLS.  This package contains files needed
for developing applications with the GNU TLS library.  Someone needs to fix
this description.

'yum install gnutls-devel' should get the package installed.

Bob...