[asterisk-users] multiple phones registered for the same user

Bayrouni bayrouni at brutele.be
Wed Feb 28 13:00:33 MST 2007

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling a écrit :
> Yuan LIU wrote:
>>> From: "Eric \"ManxPower\" Wieling" <eric at fnords.org>
>>> Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 10:57:43 -0600

>> Ricardo,
>>
>> Any particular reason for not using ring groups?
>>
>>> No, you cannot register multiple phones with the same user/password.
>>
>> Just curious: can I register multiple phones with one user name but
>> different passwords?
>
> no.

Which is relevant for asterisk (like any other client/server based
architecture), is the session.

Your phone (hard||soft) is the client.
Your PBX asterix is the server.

Your session is defined by your agent confiuration (and  configuration
data is sent in SIP protocol over TCP/IP suite protocol) .

But first there is a connection.(tcp/ip)

And on the same IP/PORT there is only one connection. If you change
username/password this is still one connection and the same connection.

username password are mostly used to authenticate and not to connect.

cheers

Bayrouni