[asterisk-users] ISDN30 testing questions ...

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Wed Feb 28 08:29:47 MST 2007

On 28 Feb 2007, at 06:53, Gordon Henderson wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Feb 2007, Julian Lyndon-Smith wrote:
>
>> Gordon Henderson wrote:
>>> This is another issue I didn't mention (saw no need!) Their
>>> ancient PBX does indeed use DASS2, but BT are killing this off at
>>> the end of July, and will be replacing it with "proper" ISDN2e,
>>> hence another need to get
>>
>> do you mean ISDN2e or ISDN30e ?
>
> Yes, sorry. ISDN30e...

If you don't have a spare ISDN config to test on, I advise the
following:
	1) design and test your overall dialplan/phones/routing on a test
box with IAX (or SIP I suppose)
		connectivity to an ITSP - that way you can test DIDs , internal
transfers, suitability of
		handsets etc. (You will find that the behavior of incoming calls on
ISDN is more like that of
		IAX than it is of analog PSTN - all calls come in to an extension,
hangup works properly, you get
		callerID immediately, DTMF works etc)
	2) build you real server with the ISDN card in it and try and find
somewhere to test it for an
hour just to check you have the zaptel and zapata config files sorted.
	3) when you do connect to the BT line, if it doesn't work call BT
and ask them what they see.
quite often the problem is that they have marked the line as out-of-
service and are waiting
for you to tell them to re-enable it :-)

Tim.