[asterisk-users] ISDN30 testing questions ...

Steve Totaro stevetotaro at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 28 06:25:26 MST 2007

Gordon Henderson wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Feb 2007, demuel at thephinix.org wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> What is the main purpose of this setup by the way?
>
> For me? To provde a client with a VoIP capable PBX in their office to
> replace their current steam driven PBX...
>
> (And hopefully to earn a few ££in the process!)
>
> I have a lot of installations now with pure analogue lines, now want
> to do one with a digital line, but I want to test it out before going
> on-site, so I don't look like an idiot when it doesn't work...
>
> Gordon
You should be in for a treat then.  Digital is much easier IMO than
analog setups.

I have not touched an analog setup recently (about a year) but unless
things have changed alot in echo cancellation and analog, that is what I
spent most of my time doing, chasing intermittent echo.  I have yet to
experience this with digital.  Not to say I have never encountered echo,
I have, but after adjusted the echo is gone.

Also, there is a certain thrill to watch 30 channels come up one after
another in rapid succession.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro