[asterisk-users] ISDN30 testing questions ...

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Wed Feb 28 05:01:25 MST 2007

I have a client intersted in a system, but they have an ISDN30 line - the
down side is that I've not done any before...

Now, I've no reason to think it won't work, but as going on-site with a
new card and no first-hand knowledge isn't particularly wise, I'm
wondering about the best way to do some testing...

So is there anyone in Devon/Cornwall (England!!!) with an ISDN 30 willing
to let me play? ;-)

Failing that, what test gear exists to pretend to be an exchange line?
(Although I'm suspecting it's going to be outside my budget )-:

But finally, can you run a TE110P card in "master" mode? ie. can I get 2
of these, and put one in a separate box and use it to pretend to be the
(BT) exchange, with the other box doing what it's supposed to do?

If it is possible, what do I need in the way of cross-over cables, etc.?

Thanks,

Gordon