[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.4 does not load chan_vpb.so

Yifan Zhang yifanz at softsound.com
Wed Feb 28 03:12:29 MST 2007

Hello all,

We had an experimental system which works on OpenLine4 telephony card
and Asterisk 1.0.9. Customer
asked to upgrade Asterisk to 1.4, then we found our problem:
At first Asterisk 1.4 does not compile chan_vpb.so. The problem is it
tries to compile chan_vpb.cpp to chan_vpb.o and chan_vpb.oo,
then try to link them together. I manually compiled it, then make went
smoothly. But it refused to load chan_vpb.so

I switched back to Asterisk 1.2, it segfaults on chan_vpb.so.

my VPB driver details:
vpb: Driver Version = 4.0
vpb: major = 254
vpb: tmp [0xf0342000] dev->res3 [0xf0342000]
vpb: tmp [0xf0300000] dev->res2 [0xf0300000]
vpb: 0WS Write cycle
vpb: Manufactured 17/03/2004
vpb: Card version 20.03
vpb: Serial number 41201496
vpb: Setting up udev...
vpb:1 V4PCI's detected on PCI bus

I actually installed a newer vpb driver (4.0), it did not work. I
installed 3.1, and tested to be working.

Thank a lot

--
/*
 * Yifan Zhang

"Vim is the best editor in the world!" - C Programmer
"With Cream, it is even better!" - C Programmer programming in Java

The information contained in this message is for the intended addressee only and may contain confidential and/or privileged  information.  If you are not the intended addressee, please delete this message and notify the sender, and do not copy or distribute this message or disclose its contents to anyone.  Any views or opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Autonomy Systems Limited or of any of its associated companies.  No reliance may be placed on this message without written confirmation from an authorised representative of the company.  Autonomy Systems Limited, Registered Office:  Cambridge Business Park, Cowley Road, Cambridge CB3 0WZ, Registered Number 03063054.