[asterisk-users] No sound with Playback() or Background()

Kuba notme at konto.pl
Tue Feb 27 19:03:39 MST 2007

After switching to Asterisk 1.2.14 from 1.0.x, I encountered a very
strange problem. There is no sound with Playback() or Background()
commands.

Even though, Asterisk console shows the file is being played when I call
the extension (i.e. echo test), I can't hear anything.

My echo test extension looks like this:

exten => 600,1,Answer

exten => 600,2,Playback(demo-echotest)

exten => 600,3,Echo

exten => 600,4,Playback(demo-echodone)

exten => 600,5,Hangup

Console shows something like that when I call:

-- Executing Answer("SIP/206-081a7160", "") in new stack
-- Executing Playback("SIP/206-081a7160", "demo-echotest") in new stack
-- Playing 'demo-echotest' (language 'en')

So it looks like Asterisk is playing the file, but I can't hear anything.

The files demo-echotest.gsm and demo-echodone.gsm are present in
/var/lib/asterisk/sounds, so this is not the matter of missing files.

The same problem occurs with every file I try to play with Playback() or
Background() commands.

Any ideas ?

Thanks
Jake

--
------- Domeny w ULTRA NISKICH cenach: -------
.pl - 29 zl, .com.pl - 22,50 zl, reg - 7,50 zl