[asterisk-users] Yellow or Red alarm on TE110P ????

Don Pobanz dpobanz at hastingsutilities.com
Tue Feb 27 06:46:38 MST 2007

younss azzayani wrote on February 27, 2007 2:30 AM
> the cable is a simple cable break or: the cable schema we see bellow

1. If a piece of equipment such as the TE110P card is NOT seeing a T1
signal coming in, it will go into red alarm. That same piece of
equipment will then output on it's transmit pins a yellow alarm signal.
2. If a piece of equipment sees a yellow alarm signal coming in, that
piece of equipment will put itself into yellow alarm.

These alarms are very useful for trouble shooting, especially if long
cables (1000s of feet) or several connections are involved.

So, take care of the red alarm first (verify that a valid signal is
coming in) and the yellow alarm will no longer be sent out and you won't
be getting the yellow alarm message.

That is correct for most equipment. However there are a few pieces of
equipment that need a straight through cable (1<->1, 2<->2, 4<->4 and
5<->5). For example, our local telco's 'network interface unit' to our
Digium T1 cards uses a straight through cable.

I hope this helps.

Don Pobanz