[asterisk-users] Billing Telephone Number (BTN)

Steve Totaro stevetotaro at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 27 11:55:37 MST 2007

Forrest Beck wrote:
> I have Asterisk setup with two PRI's one going to my telco and the
> other going to a Norstar Meridian system.  The Norstar Meridian is
> sending a BTN number that needs to be passed to the Telco.  Is there a
> way to pass the BTN as a variable in the dial plan?  Like
> CallerID(num)?  What is the variable for BTN if so?
>

> Many Thanks.
Yes, CallerID(num) should work.  I had this issue when setting my
outbound caller ID to a toll free number and trying to dial a few other
toll free numbers.  The call could not be completed because they had no
way to know how to bill the call.  Setting outbound callerID(num) to a
regular toll number fixed it.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro