[asterisk-users] Polycom Firmware

Dave Fullerton dfullertasterisk at shorelinecontainer.com
Tue Feb 27 10:40:34 MST 2007

Dovid B wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Lytle" <support at drdos.info>
> <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
> Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 7:05 PM
> Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Polycom Firmware
>

>> Dovid B wrote:
>>> Hi Guys,
>>> A while back (several months ago) I was having issues with wmy
>>> Polycom's and Asterisk. I was told to use a specific set of firmware
>>> and sip version. I am unable to find that email. Anyone know which
>>> ones work well with Asterisk ? (I believe it was 2.x )
>>
>> I have yet to move away from 1.5.2
>>
>> Doug
>>

> Doug is this for the sip version or firmware ? As far as I know once you
> go beyond a certain firmware version with polycom you cant go back.
>
> Dovid

Dovid, what you are calling firmware Polycom refers to as the BootROM.
At the begining of the release notes for whatever version of bootrom you
want to use it will specify what versions you can upgrade from/downgrade
to. In my experience what version of BootROM you are using is of little
consequence since it only really affects methods of provisioning. I
believe you can upgrade/downgrade to any version of the SIP application
you want. As for what versions of the application "work" with asterisk,
that depends on what features you are using. I'm running 1.6.7 on all
our phones with no problems. However I'm not doing anything fancy with
our system either. I've been using 2.1.0 on my home phone without any
issues thus far, again not doing anything fancy.

-Dave