[asterisk-users] sip.conf "limitonpeers=yes" in asterisk 1.4

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 09:40:11 MST 2007

Hi,

An observation on this feature, which I may have completely
misunderstood, so flame away if I am being dumb :)

Looking at the code, setting "limitonpeers=yes" causes all user and
peer calls to be ref-counted as if they are peer calls (assuming a
user and peer of the same name exist).

A side-effect of this is that an incoming call seems to have its
call-limit evaluated based on the peer's, rather than the user's
settimg, unless no call-limit has been set against the user, in which
case the peer's call-limit is ignored too.

I also noticed that if an inbound (user) call is blocked based on the
above, then unref_peer(p) is called, instead of unref_user(u) - I have
no clue what that does, so it may be quite safe :)

Regards,
Steve