[asterisk-users] Do I understand GROUPs correctly?

Mike list at virtutel.ca
Tue Feb 27 08:06:00 MST 2007

Hi,

I was under the impression that Set(GROUP()=1234) incremented some value
associated with 1234.

So if I did the same thing twice, I'd get a group count of 2.

Ex:
exten => s,1,Set(GROUP()=1234)
exten => s,n,Set(GROUP()=1234)
exten => s,n,Noop(Used channels: ${GROUP_COUNT(1234})

I get this in the CLI:
-- Executing Set("IAX2/test-2", "GROUP()=1234") in new stack
-- Executing Set("IAX2/test-2", "GROUP()=1234") in new stack
-- Executing NoOp("IAX2/test-2", "Used channels: 1") in new stack

I'm trying to limit the amount of channel used by some customers, but the
incrementation doesn't seem to work.  I'm using Asterisk 1.2.13.

My real life example (the above is clearly a proof of concept that is
failing) is that someone calling an IVR uses one channel.  Someone calling
the IVR and being eventually transfered to a cell phone
(PSTN----->ASTERISK---->PSTN) uses two channels.  Unfortunately the number
doesn't increased as planned, it stays at 1 channel used.

Regards,

Mike