[asterisk-users] CWI, call-limit and incominglimit

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 04:12:36 MST 2007

On 2/24/07, Pavel Jezek <pavel.jezek at i.cz> wrote:

> Brian Capouch wrote:
> >
> > But the included comments say, "The user part of a type=friend call
> > will still be affected by the call limit"
> >
> > Those seem to be in conflict, but perhaps it's just my parser :-)
> > Could someone clueful explain?
> >

> I interpret this that asterisk _internally_ still counting calls for
> both user and peer, but actually limits calls only for peers... :-\

Thanks for all of the pointers on this - I think merging the
"limitonpeers" change from trunk into 1.2.15 is my favourite option
right now. Or should I just take chan_sip.c from trunk? Would that be
fairly safe?

I think that the problem I was having is actually related to "sip
reload" not clearing down an old call-limit setting to its default if
the option is removed from a sip user/peer (as opposed to setting
"call-limit: 0" to disable it.) I have not confirmed this to the point
where I can open a bug, but someone might want to check that out? :)

Also, from reading the code... Is it worth updating "sip show inuse"
to reflect the setting of "limitonpeers" ?

Regards,
Steve