[asterisk-users] How to resolve CallerID from AudioCodes FXO

Steven Totaro stevetotaro at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 26 21:45:45 MST 2007

This sounds promising and obvious.  Two rings is pretty standard for analog
caller ID.

I would like to add some additional insight into #7. Unless you have the
MP-114 hanging off a PBX with caller ID, you should probably set the
PROTOCOL MANAGEMENT > FXO SETTINGS > Rings before detecting caller ID to 1.
Most Class 5 offices will not give you caller ID messaging info until
sometime during the first cycle; as this info comes from the SS7 channel
with lower priority than the actual signaling info. Whereas, if you are
hanging off a PBX, by the time the PBX trunk recognizes a seizure, the
caller ID info is delivered and the PBX makes cut-through to the station
delivering both ring generator and caller ID as the same time. Setting it to
0 off a class 5 could either give you the caller ID content you defined in
the station ID info in ENDPOINT fields, or if you put nothing in there,
unknown caller, or 1000 (default setting PROTOCOL MANAGEMENT > PROTOCOL
DEFINITION > DTMF & DIALING as you defined in #5.