[asterisk-users] To use asterisk or proprietary hardware, that is the question

shadowym shadowym at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 26 21:42:21 MST 2007

Thanks Tom and everyone else,

Based largely on your comments I decided to just stick with what works.  I
have a site using entry level ATX server hardware that has been solid as a
rock.  I'll just go with that instead of more specialized fanless hardware,
specialized power supply and 2.5" hard drives etc.  Maybe get a second
motherboard as a spare of they go for the ongoing remote support option.

I'll do some simple things like a put in a standby hard drive with the
production image on it in case the primary drive fails.  The case has hot
swap SATA bays so if the primary drive fails or get's corrupted anyone can
just swap drives and they will be back up just like that.  I'll make remote
offsite backups as well.

Thanks for all the help.