[asterisk-users] Asterisk -> Streaming Audio Bridge

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Mon Feb 26 21:19:07 MST 2007

On 26 Feb 2007, at 18:17, Eric Germann wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Does anyone know of a tool that can act as a VoIP client and stream
> to a
> streaming server such as shoutcast/icecast, etc.
>
> I've got a client interested in doing basketball play by plays during
> tourney season.  They have * in place now and the bandwidth to burn
> for
> streaming out.  In the old world, I did an analog phone patch ->
> mixer ->
> encoder -> streaming server.  What I'm thinking of is more along
> the lines
> of a client that registers as a SIP/IAX client, answers the phone and
> patches it to a streaming server.
>
> Thoughts/suggestions?

You could consider skipping the streaming server and just having
the users hit asterisk directly - It depends on the numbers of users
you want to serve, but you could drop them all into a muted
app_conference.
That way you get mush less latency than you do with a streaming
solution,
which might matter with something as quick as a basketball game.

Tim Panton

www.mexuar.net
www.westhawk.co.uk/