[asterisk-users] Asterisk -> Streaming Audio Bridge

Eric Germann ekgermann at cctec.com
Mon Feb 26 19:17:28 MST 2007

Greetings,

Does anyone know of a tool that can act as a VoIP client and stream to a
streaming server such as shoutcast/icecast, etc.

I've got a client interested in doing basketball play by plays during
tourney season.  They have * in place now and the bandwidth to burn for
streaming out.  In the old world, I did an analog phone patch -> mixer ->
encoder -> streaming server.  What I'm thinking of is more along the lines
of a client that registers as a SIP/IAX client, answers the phone and
patches it to a streaming server.

Thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks

Eric