[asterisk-users] To use asterisk or proprietary hardware, that is the question

Kristian Kielhofner kristian.kielhofner at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 17:13:00 MST 2007

On 2/24/07, shadowym <shadowym at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Astlinux would work except it does not currently meet some key requirements
> (GUI, Sangoma Analog card support).  Otherwise it would be a GREAT
> distribution for "set it and forget it" running without a Hard Drive IMHO.

shadowym,

  With a little work one could use the Digium GUI and the existing
front end to rc.conf to provide a complete GUI for an AstLinux system
using %100 open source components.  Everything you need except the GUI
itself is already there (PHP, http/https server - even sqlite).  All
you have to do is provide the PHP...

  As Darrick mentioned I have been working with Sangoma to get their
cards supported in AstLinux again.  Look out for the announcement of
AstLinux 0.4.5 and AstLinux 0.5.0, both of which should feature full
Sangoma support (along with Digium cards, of course)!

  Whether or not AstLinux can meet your needs it would be much better
to use something that is OSS/Asterisk based.  Looking at your
requirements, it shouldn't be that hard.

--
Kristian Kielhofner