[asterisk-users] freecall.com - has anybody tried it?

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Sun Feb 25 11:29:52 MST 2007

At 09:10 AM 2/25/2007, you wrote:
>I don't have any qualified Windows box to get an account and try it.
>Can anybody comment on setup and or call quality?

I've been using it for 6 or 8 months for my calls to New Zeland and
Australia. It's been perfectly acceptable but the people I call know
it's free so they put up with the occasional issues or I just call
back. I tried using it for domestic US but I can't set callerid and
the servers seem to be far away from Los Angeles so I use domestic
services for domestic calls. I recommend it to friends who need to
make overseas calls because it seems to be the best service I've run
across for that purpose.

FWIW, the free calls only last 90 days after you deposit the 10 euros
and then you use that up and get another 90 days free or that's how
it seems to work.

Ira