[asterisk-users] CWI, call-limit and incominglimit

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Sat Feb 24 10:50:17 MST 2007

Pavel Jezek wrote:

> it can be also usefull to use 'limitonpeer' option in sip.conf
> with this, it would not be needed to define separate type=user and
> type=peer for each phone,
> instead define one type=friend and apply limitonpeers=yes
>

> ;limitonpeers=no                ; Apply all call limits ("limit=") only
> to peers, never
>                                ; to users. This improves handling of
> call limits
>                                ; and device states in certain
> situations. The user part
>                                ; of a type=friend will still be affected
> by the call
>                                ; limit, but Asterisk will only use one
> object for
>                                ; counting the simultaneous calls.

I'm a little confused about the comments shown above, which I assume are
from sip.conf.

"limitonpeers=yes" would seem to imply that the limit= value would only
apply to the peer portion of the sip user.

But the included comments say, "The user part of a type=friend call will
still be affected by the call limit"

Those seem to be in conflict, but perhaps it's just my parser :-)  Could
someone clueful explain?

B.

believed to be clean.