[asterisk-users] CWI, call-limit and incominglimit

Pavel Jezek pavel.jezek at i.cz
Sat Feb 24 03:07:11 MST 2007

Olle E Johansson wrote:

> 23 feb 2007 kl. 12.42 skrev Steve Davies:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> In older versions of asterisk I used to be able to use
>> "incominglimit=1" to effectively disable call waiting on a specific
>> SIP channel (Where broken phones do not allow this on the handset
>> itself)
>

>> In 1.2.x this became "call-limit=1", but this prevents the phone from
>> opening a 2nd line in order to transfer a call using attended
>> transfer. The WiKi suggests using SetGroup() etc, but this does not
>> cater for the case where you are Dialling several different phones
>> simultaneously.
>>
> You can still set one call-limit for the user and another for the
> peer. The peer call-limit would be used to prevent call waiting
> and the user limit could be set to a reasonable level so the phone
> can do transfers.

it can be also usefull to use 'limitonpeer' option in sip.conf
with this, it would not be needed to define separate type=user and
type=peer for each phone,
instead define one type=friend and apply limitonpeers=yes

;limitonpeers=no                ; Apply all call limits ("limit=") only
to peers, never
                                ; to users. This improves handling of
call limits
                                ; and device states in certain