[asterisk-users] SOLVED: Call forwarding and 1.2.x

Jerry Jones jjones at danrj.com
Fri Feb 23 13:00:56 MST 2007

We had an issue, and I know others had posted the same on the list.

Scenario:

Polycom phone user sets call forward to a toll free number(in our case)

Call arrives for the phone, the phone notifys asterisk, asterisk
dials new number.

Telco drops call. But if you dial direct to the number it is a good
working number.

Solution

Turns out our carriers DMS had a tuple on the PRI set incorrect.
Seems they did not like the call forward information element sent in
rn format. Setting the tuple correctly solved the issue. But it took
the carrier a call into Nortel to have them figure it out. Switch
techs had never seen that tuple used before.

Still not sure what the rn format vs any other is yet. Anyone know?