[asterisk-users] "Trunk" version of Asterisk?

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Feb 23 01:35:06 MST 2007

23 feb 2007 kl. 06.52 skrev Yuan LIU:

> Quite a few documents, including voip-info, make reference to this
> term. (e.g., "First, You need trunk version of Asterisk.")  But I
> can't seem to find anything that defines this.  In SVN, "trunk"
> simply refers to the main body of code.  Can someone explain this?

You just did. "trunk" is the development branch, not yet released
code. Not recommended for production.
http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/trunk/

We currently have the 1.4 release version, soon to be released in a
1.4.1 version with a lot of bugfixes.

1.2 is will soon be put in "security maintenance mode", meaning we
will only change it for security
reasons.

Releases are to be found as .tar.gz files on ftp.digium.com

At this stage, I do not recommend using 1.4.0 in production - it's
too buggy. Play with 1.4 from subversion,
report bugs, test it - help us make sure that 1.4.1 is a good
product, tested by the community.

Regards,
/O