[asterisk-users] How does Asterisk use SIP info command

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Feb 23 01:30:13 MST 2007

22 feb 2007 kl. 23.40 skrev Philipp Kempgen:

> Olle E Johansson wrote:
>> 22 feb 2007 kl. 19.34 skrev Philipp Kempgen:
>
>>> I thought it might be useful to be able to ask Asterisk for the
>>> current SIP CSeq through the Manager API in order to send your
>>> own SIP messages during a call outside of Asterisk (for AOC,
>>> whatever). Each time you ask for the CSeq Asterisk should increment
>>> the value so it does not get out of sync.
>>> Anyone sharing my opinion? We might open a feature request.
>>
>> We're trying to keep the Asterisk architecture multiprotocol and do
>> things in a uniform way from the dialplan.
>>
>> Things like this would certainly break that, since it is very SIP-
>> specific.
>> Better to implement needed functionality in Asterisk.
>
> Thanks for you reply. That's basically what you have said more
> than once on the bug tracker. :)
Thanks. Then I know that at least one person has read and understood :-)
(Sorry, but sometimes it feels like being alone out there on the
tracker...)

> Clearly SIP is not my favorite protocol as you need to go through
> several hundreds of pages of documentation or even more in order
> to implement it. And there are already too many different more or
> less (in)compatible implementations around.
> Thus I like the idea of taking a more generic approach instead
> of functions and applications specific to a channel driver.
>
> On the other hand people are waiting for quick solutions to
> blinking Snom lights and AOC without really caring for the
> whole picture.

We do have a lot of support for blinking lamps - for devices,
conferences, parking lots and now in trunk for anything.

AOC is a very european thing and I keep shouting about it when
I'm in Huntsville, so they're aware of the problem.
There are a few patches for AOC support in the bug tracker, please
review them. I know SNOM has some proprietary extensions
for AOC, but what's the state on other devices?

/O