[asterisk-users] How does Asterisk use SIP info command

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Feb 22 14:31:54 MST 2007

22 feb 2007 kl. 19.34 skrev Philipp Kempgen:

> Yuan LIU wrote:
>>> From: Olle E Johansson <oej at edvina.net>
>>> Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 10:36:45 +0100

>>> None.
>>>
>>> What do you want to do with SIP INFO?
>>>
>>> /O
>>
>> I was watching the "send variable" thread and thought INFO would
>> be a handy
>> tool for that in the middle of a session.  SIP headers are only
>> sent along
>> with INVITE, it seems.  And if the situation requires the
>> recepient to send
>> back a value, INVITE would be impossible.
>
> I thought it might be useful to be able to ask Asterisk for the
> current SIP CSeq through the Manager API in order to send your
> own SIP messages during a call outside of Asterisk (for AOC,
> whatever). Each time you ask for the CSeq Asterisk should increment
> the value so it does not get out of sync.
> Anyone sharing my opinion? We might open a feature request.

We're trying to keep the Asterisk architecture multiprotocol and do
things in a uniform way from the dialplan.

Things like this would certainly break that, since it is very SIP-
specific.
Better to implement needed functionality in Asterisk.

And, you need much more than the Cseq and you also assume this
is not NAT and not secure.

We do support sending MESSAGE with sendtext() during a session.

How would a multiprotocol interface from the dialplan to something
like INFO look like?

/O