[asterisk-users] RE: Asterisk to Cisco's Rescue...again...AuthenticateLD Calls

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 06:40:52 MST 2007

> From: "Jason Aarons \(US\)" <jason.aarons at us.didata.com>
>
> Glad to hear you had a workaround.
>
> I would suggest re-queing your TAC case, perhaps you got a outsourced or
> less experienced engineer at Cisco. Their support has varied depending on
> which city/group you get. Some have more experience then others.
>
> While your 2600 from 2001 timeframe it should work, you can't run any of
> 12.4T images over the last 3 years without maxing the DRAM/Flash.
>
> I've got 1200+ Forced Authorization Codes with 4.1(3)SR1 using
> 2811ISRs/VWIC2-1MFT-T1s running 12.4T with both  MGCP and H323 gateways
> across 20 sites with no issues. Could be the old 2600s IOS as you
> mentioned.

Thanks for the feedback Jason.  We figured putting in a new router would
make it work.  But this was the customer's router, and they didn't want to
spend the money on a new one.  We didn't do our homework to check
compatibility with the LD code feature.  We assumed it would work, so we got
caught in a pickle when it didn't.  A fairly easy fix when running multiple
platforms, Cisco and Asterisk, if one can't do something; usually the other
one can pull the slack.

Regards,

JR