[asterisk-users] Re: How to separate outgoing extens from the contexts from sip.conf?

Pavel Jezek pavel.jezek at i.cz
Thu Feb 22 01:25:50 MST 2007

context 'default' has not any special, it's context, that will be used
if your peers/users definition doesn't contain any specific context
if you have permited 'anonymous' calls to your asterisk, i.e
allowguest=yes, unautenticated calls (calls, that will not match any
specific user in sip.conf) will land to that context, that is defined in
your [general] section in sip.conf
you can use something like context=from-guest in [general]

in extensions.conf you must define in [from-guest] section only your
internal (ie. tool free) patterns to dial
never put here (in [from-guest] in extensions.conf) patterns to dial
outgoing lines (pstn), directly or indirectly via 'include=>' statement
PJ