[asterisk-users] Re: FW: zaptel 1.4.0 on Fedora Core 6 x86_64

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Feb 21 23:25:51 MST 2007

On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 12:52:22AM +0100, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

> On 21 Feb 2007, at 23:06, Axel Thimm wrote:
>
> >On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 06:01:35AM -0500, Carlos Alperin wrote:
> >>I tried to test Asterisk 1.4 on FC6 x86_64. I have it working on
> >>FC5 x86_64
> >>very good, but since FC keeps updating, I tried to follow newer
> >>kernel
> >>versions.
> >
> >If you want to save these hassles, why not use the packages bits that
> >are available for FC5/FC6/RHEL4/RHEL3 i386/x86_64/ppc? There are even
> >packages for the upcoming F7 and RHEL5 available:
>
> Hi Axel,
>
> I tried to use the 1.2.x RPMs and they would not work for me
> attempting to use them with an Eicon Diva Server card and Melware's
> chan_capi. Only by looking at the SRPM did I notice that they are
> patched with BRIStuff patches, which I have assume causes
> incompatibilities.

Why is the a problem? The bristuff zaptel patch is a really small and
non-intrussive one. The bristuff Asterisk patch, though, includes a
complete reimplementation of chan_capi (the Junghanns' original
chan_capi), which I heard noone really uses.

> Compiling Asterisk and Zaptel from sources again
> solved all my problems. It may be helpful to spell out more clearly
> how severaly patched the Asterisk in those RPMs is.

I wonder if it is just Asterisk or Asterisk and Zaptel.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com