[asterisk-users] Fax with T.38

Ray Jackson ray at jacksonz.net
Wed Feb 21 20:42:37 MST 2007

Could anybody give me an authoritative answer on whether Asterisk can
support T.38 pass-through when the clients are behind NAT?  We have
Asterisk servicing clients behind NAT (with nat=route, canreinvite=no)
and would love to get T.38 going but have had no luck so far.  The
following case:

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=7844

...suggests that T.38 *does* now work for clients behind NAT but I have
the latest SVN trunk but still cannot get it to work?  On the other side
I have seen on this list only 2 weeks or so ago:

http://www.mail-archive.com/asterisk-users@lists.digium.com/msg172556.html

This suggests that T.38 does *NOT* work behind NAT?  So, can anybody
save me the trouble and tell me how it is.  Am I on a hiding to nothing
trying to get T.38 going with NAT?  Please put me out of my misery! :)

Cheers,
Ray

PS. Does anybody know whether OpenPBX would support T.38 and NAT
configurations?  This was my backup plan if I couldn't get it to go in
Asterisk.