[asterisk-users] Re: How to separate outgoing extens from the contexts from sip.conf?

Larry Alkoff labradley at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 21 17:38:53 MST 2007

Hello Eric.

I don't fully understand your example.

I _think_ you have in extensions.conf:

[incoming]
include => extensions

[extensions]
exten => 667
more exten here

[toll-trunks]
exten => 91NXXNXXXXXX
more exten here

[toll-access]
include => extensions
include => toll-trunks

My understanding of 'include' is it's as if the 'include'
were typed line by line into the context.

Since both extensions and toll-trunks are mixed together in
[toll-access], doesn't that give anyone who gains access to extensions
in [incoming] also access to toll-trunks?  How does anyone on the inside
gain access to [toll-access]?

Also I don't understand the 'doubling' of [extensions] by including it
in another context.

I'm probably missing something here.  Can you help me understand this
better?

Larry

Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX
Using Thunderbird on Linux