[asterisk-users] They ignore my DTMF!

Pierre Marceau pierre at forestcitynetwerxs.com
Tue Feb 20 21:52:04 MST 2007

Hi Joanna,

Thanks for your reply.

In my mind I think it must be some setting in the client (phone) becasue the Grandstream GXP 2000 does work and it is using the same sip.conf

Extensions:
6000 is xlite softfone
6003 is Linksys SPA941
6004 is Grandstream GXP 2000
6005 is Linksys PAP2NA

Please have a look at my sip conf and suggest any changes I could try...

[general]
context=internal
bindport=5060
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
srvlookup=yes
type=friend
secret=XXXXXXX
nat=no
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=rfc2833
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
subscribecontext=internal
canreinvite=no
register=8885551234:XXXXXXXXXXXX at proxy.atlasvoice.com

[atlasvoice]
type=friend
host=proxy.atlasvoice.com
username=8885551234
secret=XXXXXXX
fromuser=8885551234
fromdomain=proxy.atlasvoice.com
canreinvite=no
insecure=very
nat=yes
context=incoming

[6000]
mailbox=6000 at internal
[6001]
[6003]
[6004]
[6005]
[6006]
[6007]
[6008]

Thanks,
Pierre

>>> joannaliza at gmail.com 2/20/2007 10:47 PM >>>
Hi Pierre,

Just a thought..check your dtmfmode in your SIP client configuration, if
your using inband but your codec is not ulaw or alaw the DTMF tones will be
misrepresented and thus will not be recognised due to the audio compression,
on the other hand if your phones are rfc2833 and asterisk is set to inband
you wont hear anything.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,
Joanna