[asterisk-users] Re: FW: zaptel 1.4.0 on Fedora Core 6 x86_64

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Feb 20 21:52:05 MST 2007

Let's step back a bit,

On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 12:57:01PM -0500, Carlos Alperin wrote:
> Tzafrir,
>
> Sorry, I didn't see this e-mail before:
>
> > What exactly?
> >  rpm -qa | grep kernel
>
> [root at fedora6 zaptel-1.4.0]# rpm -qa | grep kernel
> kernel-xen-2.6.18-1.2798.fc6
> kernel-xen-2.6.19-1.2911.fc6
> kernel-headers-2.6.19-1.2911.fc6
> kernel-devel-2.6.19-1.2911.fc6
> kernel-devel-2.6.19-1.2911.fc6

obviously, the makefile used an incorrect "kernel source tree" to build
your systems. The package kernel-devel provides a partial kernel source
tree which is good enough for building modules (or at least: for
building Zaptel). However it seems that the wrong one was used in your
case.

Does FC6 have a package of the sort of kernel-devel-xen ? Or is one of
the two kernel-devel packages listed above for you intended for the
kenel-xen you have?

Have you generatd the symlink
/lib/modules/kernel-xen-2.6.19-1.2911.fc6/build manually? It seems to
point to an incorrect kernel tree.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org