[asterisk-users] Re: Open CallerID Database?

Natambu Obleton natambu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 16:33:26 MST 2007

I would guess that registration would be by the telco for the blocks
just like with reverse dns today, so then each telco would have a
local server to manage their 'reverse' cnam lookup.... and the people
in charge would be NANPA, just like how ARIN is regulated today.
Although who owns the root namservers.. I wonder if ARIN and RIPE
share ownership of them?

Although now that i Think about it dns wouldn't work because want to
deligate .. XXX-XXX-XYYY and XXX-XXX-XXYY and then there is single
numbers. For that right now I do weird PTR CNAME to A record thing for
single reverse dns. This would be little larger... ohh shit.. LNP. So
now Qwest would need to deligate a single CNAM to me and crap..naw
this will never work.