[asterisk-users] Re: Open CallerID Database?

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Tue Feb 20 12:43:37 MST 2007

RL> TP'n to follow flow just like DNS, the 'root servers' would still
RL> see the high request hits, prior to passing off to local caching
RL> app.

The DNS root servers are almost only loaded by irrelevant traffic. The
root information is easily cacheable, so it is rare to have to
actually ask the root servers.

An ENUM-style solution would most likely not see much garbage traffic,
and the relevant traffic is easily cacheable.

I doubt that we will ever see such a solution though; there is too
much invested in the old way of doing things.

/Benny