[asterisk-users] SIP interface status and calllimit

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Tue Feb 20 06:48:41 MST 2007

James Fromm wrote:
> There is an issue when using call-limit for a SIP interface in
> sip.conf.  The call count does not properly reset when some calls
> end.  The problem happens regardless of which side of the connection
> ends the call.  It happens on all calls including calls from SIP
> interface to SIP interface (with no reinvite) within the same Asterisk
> server.  I have not been able to determine a definite pattern.  I can
> call from one interface to another 50 times before it happens and
> sometimes it happens after only 2 calls.
>
> We have to enable call-limit for our customer service queue agents so
> that the ringinuse option in queues.conf will work properly.
>
> Has anyone else seen this issue?  Any ideas?

This doesn't really help you, but might help others when deciding how to
design their Asterisk system.  On our phones we set call waiting off and
each line appearance registers as a separate SIP user.  This avoids all
this silliness with call limits, group limits, etc.  This also allows us
total control about which call appearance a call shows up on, roll over
and hunting features, etc.  It does require a little more work in the
dialplan, but for our needs it is well worth it.