[asterisk-users] Auto load of zap drivers

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Feb 19 22:11:06 MST 2007

On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 11:05:31AM +1100, Klaverstyn, David C wrote:
> My understanding is that with Asterisk 1.2.x issuing the command of make
> install-udev allowed the drivers to be loaded upon the server boot.
> Doing this with version 1.4 does not seem to work.

Those udev rules are responsible for the generation of files under /dev/zap/ .

Which distribution do you use?

> Using menuselect I selected zaptel and ztdummy.  Should I also be
> selecting something else for the drivers to load at start up?

All you need to run on startup is:

  modprobe ztdummy

Nothing more. Not even a ztcfg. The zaptel init script tries doing that
if it senses you have no other zaptel timing source.

Do you have ztdummy and zaptel available?

  modinfo ztdummy
  modinfo zaptel

--
               Tzafrir Cohen