[asterisk-users] Does Asterisk support DNIS?

David Ruggles david at safedatausa.com
Mon Feb 19 07:56:25 MST 2007

I played around the wink and rxwink settings. While increasing rxwink does
delay the answer it still sees the DNIS digits individually. I changed the
signalling to featd and now I get the following error:
WARNING[27630]: chan_zap.c:5661 ss_thread: Got a non-Feature Group D input
on channel 1.  Assuming E&M Wink instead

Which I would expect, but the odd thing is that now it's seeing DNIS as a
full extension.

Going back to the e&m wink configuration:
I found these settings for zapata.conf:
prewink:     Pre-wink time (default 50ms)
preflash:    Pre-flash time (default 50ms)
wink:        Wink time (default 150ms)
flash:       Flash time (default 750ms)
start:       Start time (default 1500ms)
rxwink:      Receiver wink time (default 300ms)
rxflash:     Receiver flashtime (default 1250ms)
debounce:    Debounce timing (default 600ms)

Can anyone point me to some documentation that explains what these do for
em_w signalling?
Some of them seem obvious, but don't do what I would expect.

With e&m wink the call answer should progress like this:
Network goes off-hook
PBX winks (goes off-hook) for 200ms
Network sends DNIS as MF/DTMF tones inband
PBX goes off-hook and answers.

I would assume that wink means the same thing in zapata.conf, so I set it to
200. I also assumed that start meant answer, since there's no other option
that seems to match, but changing it around didn't increase or decrease the
amount of time it took to answer the call. As I said before changing rxwink
did affect the amount of time, but I don't know what it's doing and it
doesn't help Asterisk recognize the DNIS.

Thanks,

David Ruggles
CCNA MCSE (NT) CNA A+
Network Engineer	Safe Data, Inc.