[asterisk-users] Transfer Caller ID

Rob Schall rschall at callone.net
Mon Feb 19 07:55:25 MST 2007

I'm sure this was asked before, but I can't seem to make this work...

If a customer dials one of our DIDs, and the operator transfers that
call to another employee, the Caller ID doesn't seem to do what I would
expect it to. I would expect it to show the original caller's ID.

Example:
John calls in from the outside using (213-555-1234) and he calls into
the asterisk system (actually the operator).
The operator (a real person) answers the call and presses transfer on
her polycom 501 phone. I see an incoming call "From: Operator". After I
pick up her call, she presses transfer one final time to complete the
transfer. However, now that the call has been completed, it still shows
"From: Operator". I need it to show From: 213-555-1234.

I tried setting the "o" setting in Dial, but that didn't seem to fix
anything.

Rob