[asterisk-users] Asterisk with Radius users authentication

Ricardo Carvalho rjcarvalho at reit.up.pt
Mon Feb 19 06:53:37 MST 2007

Dear all,

I've searched the web about Asterisk with Radius integration for user
authentication, and got a bit confused...
I see that there have been some work around it, there is PortaOne's
Radius client patch, an still open branch of Digium Issue Tracker "SIP
peer authentication on an external database (RADIUS - LDAP)", etc.
Although, none of these seems to give me the confidence to implement it
in a production environment...

What do you people recommend me? Which Asterisk+Radius solution should
in your opinion be the best choice? Does Asterisk 1.4 already implement
it properly?

Thanks in advance,
Ricardo.