[asterisk-users] Problem with busydetect and cell phones

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Sun Feb 18 19:01:47 MST 2007

Stephen Bosch wrote:

> Have you tried calling AT&T and asking for call disconnect supervision?
>
> I realise that this can be a thankless and tedious endeavour, but it IS
> worth trying. There are almost no commercial switches that don't support
> this; it's a matter of activating it for the specific circuit in
> software. Particularly if you have a business line -- you can demand it.
> All PBXs need it if they use analog lines (and plenty still do) so I'm
> sure this is not an alien concept to AT&T. It's just a matter of finding
> the right Earthling there who can help you.
>
> This might be one of those times where a "beer with the technician" will
> get you some joy, if calling Repair doesn't give you any joy.

Better luck with AT&T than I had with the Monon Telephone Company.

They have a switch that's fairly new, so I called them--I'm a loyal but
tightly captive customer of the last 25 years.

Their chief technician told me, "Sure, our switch is new.  There's
nothing to it more than a setting on a software screen.  But we don't
have to do it because it's not in our tariffs.  So forget it."

And then he hung up on me.

B.

believed to be clean.