[asterisk-users] Does Asterisk support DNIS?

David Ruggles david at safedatausa.com
Sun Feb 18 18:41:46 MST 2007

I'm sending 12345 as DNIS on a Wink Start T1. In case it makes a difference,
I'm using a Sangoma A101 card. Asterisk sees each digit as a separate
extension number so most of the dialplain suggestions offered so far won't
work. I did try the Wait() function as was suggested. I tried it first in an
"s" extension but this didn't work, it still gave the error: "Unknown
extension '1' in context '1st-T1' requested" I then changed it to extension
1 and while it does seem to work (it doesn't try the other extensions) it
seems like the DNIS is completely lost.

As I said in my first post (although it may have been a little too abrasive)
this configuration is very standard and so I find it hard to believe that
Asterisk can't handle it.

Thanks,

David Ruggles
CCNA MCSE (NT) CNA A+