[asterisk-users] Summary of "Trixbox vs. custom install"

wendell hamilton routerguy at rightsolve.com
Sun Feb 18 17:27:48 MST 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Time
Bandit
Sent: Sunday, February 18, 2007 11:14 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Summary of "Trixbox vs. custom install"
<snip>
> I also include a consideration from mine: I would happily use
> Trixbox, because I did FreePBX setup once and it was a real pain, but
> I'm very frightened by a few issues:
>
> 1) Trixbox "Macho" installation that installs everything without
> asking. I, for example, would like to use software RAID (maybe it's
> wrong with Asterisk, but I want to do it!). I wouldn't like doing it
> manually after Trixbox installation. I would like to have an
> installer doing it for me. Centos (ex redhat) installer does it, so
> why Trixbox choose to install everything without prompting?
You can just install CentOS with RAID and whatever you want, then use
the Trixbox tar package instead of the ISO. Still, why on earth did
the Trixbox team didn't leave the option of doing a custom install
with the ISO ?
</snip>

Please note that the recent (2.x) releases of trixbox allow you to
select which modules to install, including raid.

This message is confidential. It may also be privileged or otherwise protected by work product immunity or other legal rules. If you have received it by mistake, please let us know by e-mail reply and delete it from your system; you may not copy this message or disclose its contents to anyone. Please send us by fax any message containing deadlines as incoming e-mails are not screened for response deadlines. The integrity and security of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet.