[asterisk-users] Looking for starting point?

Paul ast2005 at 9ux.com
Sun Feb 18 13:02:00 MST 2007

Another perspective:

Fedora is not the only linux distro. If I did use it, I would be
building RPM rather than doing local builds on the target asterisk
server. I use debian so I build deb files instead of rpm files.

Here is a good way to get started using debian linux and some cheap old
hardware:

http://www.xorcom.com/rapid/index.html

Install the above just to play around a bit. Why buy any new hardware
before you need it? The longer you wait, the more performance you get
for your money.