[asterisk-users] Unable to start Asterisk 1.4 on CentOS 4.4 (installed from ATrpms)

Devraj Mukherjee devraj at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 19:09:35 MST 2007

Hi Everyone,

I am still unable to start Asterisk 1.4 that I installed using ATrpms.
I was initially suspecting some permissions issues but it seems to me
that its more to do with a speex codec not loading properly.

Here is the message I get if I run asterisk -cvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
app_userevent.so => (Custom User Event Application)
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/codecs.conf': Found
    -- CODEC SPEEX: Setting Quality to 3
    -- CODEC SPEEX: Setting Complexity to 2
    -- CODEC SPEEX: Perceptual Enhancement Mode. [on]
    -- CODEC SPEEX: VAD Mode. [on]
    -- CODEC SPEEX: VBR Mode. [on]
    -- CODEC SPEEX: Disabling ABR
    -- CODEC SPEEX: Setting VBR Quality to 4.000000
    -- CODEC SPEEX: DTX Mode. [off]
    -- CODEC SPEEX: Preprocessing. [off]
    -- CODEC SPEEX: Preprocessor VAD. [off]
    -- CODEC SPEEX: Preprocessor AGC. [off]
    -- CODEC SPEEX: Setting preprocessor AGC Level to 8000.000000
    -- CODEC SPEEX: Preprocessor Denoise. [off]
    -- CODEC SPEEX: Preprocessor Dereverb. [off]
    -- CODEC SPEEX: Setting preprocessor Dereverb Decay to 0.400000
    -- CODEC SPEEX: Setting preprocessor Dereverb Level to 0.300000
asterisk: symbol lookup error:
/usr/lib/asterisk/modules/codec_speex.so: undefined symbol:
speex_decode_int

I can confirm that I have speex and speex-devel installed
[root at monk ~]# rpm -qa | grep speex
speex-1.0.4-4
speex-devel-1.0.4-4
[root at monk ~]#

Thanks for any pointers.

--
"I never look back darling, it distracts from the now", Edna Mode (The
Incredibles)